Avery Cooper has offered public accounting and auditing services throughout the Northwest Territories since 1969. Based in Yellowknife, our team of professional’s travel throughout the Northwest Territories, Yukon, Alberta, and Nunavut to meet our clients’ varied and diverse needs.
Our legacy and reputation is a direct result of delivering dependable premium service and value to our clients. It is also a result of our people and culture, which embraces individual growth, work-life balance ideals and an immersion in the community we serve. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join us.
- Work directly with Partners and Senior Managers in assisting the control of external assurance engagements, ensuring they are properly planned, staffed, and executed,
- Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis and new service development,
- Review the work of junior staff, assist in their career development through constructive feedback, training opportunities and guidance,
- Assist in the development of assurance planning strategies and supervise their implementation,
- Our people are what makes it possible to serve our clients. We expect you to capitalize on opportunities to develop your skills and help others within the organization grow as professionals,
- Our clients are the most important part of our business, and your first responsibility is to ensure that our clients receive premium professional service for a fair value,
- We expect everyone to contribute ideas for improving the way we serve our clients and operate a successful firm,
- We expect everyone to treat each other with courtesy, dignity, and respect. We look for ways to support each team member as they fulfil their personal goals and family responsibilities.
- A valid CPA Designation or valid international equivalent,
- 3+ years of current and/or recent financial statement audit experience within a Canadian CPA firm (post designation),
- Advanced working knowledge of Canadian ASPE, Canadian Audit Standards, NPO Accounting Standards and related technical literature,
- Previous experience with Canadian Corporate/Personal Tax, Payroll Tax, Sales Tax, and other CRA compliance matters,
- Experience dealing with Taxprep and Caseware is considered an asset,
- Previous experience using various accounting software including Sage50, Sage300, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop is considered an asset,
- Willingness and ability to travel,
- The ability to adapt and lead a team in a fast-paced work environment,
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, required,
- A can-do attitude and commitment to excellence
To apply by email or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Silva here.