Avery Cooper has offered public accounting and auditing services throughout the Northwest Territories since 1969. Based in Yellowknife, our team of professional’s travel throughout the Northwest Territories, Yukon, Alberta, and Nunavut to meet our clients’ varied and diverse needs.
Our legacy and reputation is a direct result of delivering dependable premium service and value to our clients. It is also a result of our people and culture, which embraces individual growth, work-life balance ideals and an immersion in the community we serve. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join us.
- Work independently in a wide variety of engagements with limited supervision of Senior Staff,
- Emphasis on assisting clients with bookkeeping, year-end accounting, audit preparation, and other key internal accounting practices,
- Handle correspondence with CRA in ensuring clients compliance with relevant reporting and other requirements,
- Learn to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Our people are what makes it possible to serve our clients. We expect you to capitalize on opportunities to develop your skills and help others within the organization grow as professionals,
- Our clients are the most important part of our business, and your first responsibility is to ensure that our clients receive premium professional service for a fair value,
- We expect everyone to contribute ideas for improving the way we serve our clients and operate a successful firm,
- We expect everyone to treat each other with courtesy, dignity, and respect. We look for ways to support each team member as they fulfil their personal goals and family responsibilities.
- 3+ years of current and/or recent financial reporting and bookkeeping experience,
- Working knowledge of Canadian ASPE and NPO Accounting Standards and related technical literature,
- Previous experience using various accounting software including Sage50, Sage300, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop is considered an asset,
- Willingness and ability to travel,
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision,
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, required,
- Strong time and deadline management skills,
- A can-do attitude and commitment to excellence
To apply by email or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Silva here.