Avery Cooper has offered public accounting and auditing services throughout the Northwest Territories since 1969. Based in Yellowknife, our team of professional’s travel throughout the Northwest Territories, Yukon, Alberta, and Nunavut to meet our clients’ varied and diverse needs.
Our legacy and reputation is a direct result of delivering dependable premium service and value to our clients. It is also a result of our people and culture, which embraces individual growth, work-life balance ideals and an immersion in the community we serve. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join us.
- Assist and learn to prepare financial statements and working papers for a wide variety of engagements including Audit & Assurance, Corporate and Personal Tax, Year-End Services, and other Management Services,
- Develop technical skills working directly with senior staff through training in the various streams of Public Practice Accounting,
- Take part in direct mentorship opportunities with our leadership team in helping you shape your future career as a CPA professional,
- Learn to work directly with clients and develop strong working relationships.
- Our people are what makes it possible to serve our clients. We expect you to capitalize on opportunities to develop your skills and help others within the organization grow as professionals,
- As a CPA student, we expect you to value the knowledge of Senior Staff and use it to the best of your ability in learning and developing your own skillset,
- Our clients are the most important part of our business, and your first responsibility is to ensure that our clients receive premium professional service,
- We expect everyone, regardless of position or experience, to contribute ideas for improving the way we serve our clients and operate a successful firm,
- We expect everyone to treat each other with courtesy, dignity, and respect. We look for ways to support each team member as they fulfil their personal goals and family responsibilities.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or another related field,
- Enrollment, or working towards enrollment, in the CPA Professional Education Program,
- Willingness and ability to travel,
- Ability to work well under direction of Senior staff and as apart of a team,
- A can-do attitude and commitment to excellence
- Previous customer-service experience is considered an asset,
- Previous accounting related experience is considered an asset.
To apply by email or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Silva here.